Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Super 8 200 ft. plastic cartridges??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Where can I get some diagrams of the conventional 200 ft. plastic cartridges? (Not the Beaulieu one)
    I need to know how it works, their internal construction, etc.
    I will thank to anyone that can give me that information.
    Carlos

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I still have one but I'be never seen the internal workings of it. I think the film is taken up on a big "watch" spring.

    tom.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your information!!
    It works with a spring motor?
    I wanna build a reloadable cartridge, but i need more information.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I?m not shure how it could work with a spring motor. I know, that the Beaulieu cameras could reverse the whole film length of these 200 ft plastic cardiges to do double exposures. But how it was possible to reverse the film, when the take-up reel is spring driven?
    Pedro

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It wasn't spring driven, only a spring assist. The 200 foot of film forms a pretty hefty lump and to assist the take-up mechanism built into the camera the big cartridge had this big "escapement" spring that kept the takeup spool under tension.


    I'll try and remember to open my cartridge tonight and take a look. I'll report back.

    tom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •